Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Discovery

It's Courtney again. I interrupt your day to bring you the news of SALTINE TOFFEE. I just made SALTINE TOFFEE. Everyone that tasted the SALTINE TOFFEE loved it. I even loved it and I don't always love chocolate. THIS STUFF IS DELICOUS, PEOPLE! DELICOUS!

The recipe:
  • 37 saltine crackers
  • 1 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 cups (12 oz package) chocolate chips
  • 1 ounce white baking chocolate
  • 1 teaspoon shortening
  1. Place crackers in a single layer in a foil-lined 15 in. x 10 in. x 1 in. baking pan. In a large saucepan, bring butter and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until mixture is thickened and sugar is completely dissolved. Spread over the crackers.
  2. Bake at 350 for degrees for 7-8 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with chips. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until chips begin to melt; spread chocolate evenly over top.
  3. In a microwave, melt white chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over toffee. Chill for 15-20 minutes or until set; break unto pieces. Store in the refrigerator.
I want all of you to stop what you're doing RIGHT NOW and go make this SALTINE TOFFEE. I mean it. This stuff is great. I was informed (by my mother) that I'll be making this every week to give away. I was also informed (this time, by my own self) that I will not be tasting the SALTINE TOFFEE that I'm making every week. Aforementioned mother will have to do that for me. I'm going to go and try to recover from the too-much-wonderfulness of this SALTINE TOFFEE.

Recipe from "Taste of Home Best-Loved Cookies and Bars 2010."

No comments:

Post a Comment