Saturday, November 17, 2012

Leah's Pinterest Project... Pearl and Ribbon Bracelet

Hey guys, Leah here again! Sorry  I've been so distant lately... I know I know, I really should write more often. I'm trying to get into the swing of blogging at least twice a week. But as we all know new habits can be a bit difficult to make!

Okay so I have this new Pinterest Project to share with you, and trust me you're not going to want to miss this! How does a delightfully beautiful bracelet using ONLY ribbon, beads, thread, and a needle sound? Oh and for those of us who are constantly watching our budgets... for a package of 66 beads was $2.25, the spool of ribbon $1.19 and the thread was also $1.19... my bracelets used 10 beads.. (so it can make just over 6 bracelets without buying any new supplies... so one bracelet amounts to costing you 77 cents!! Yes you heard me right! Less than one dollar per bracelet!! Too good to be true? Not any more!

First we cut a bit of ribbon, you want to cut it about twice the amount that you'd need to wrap it around your wrist. Making sure that you leave a few inches at the end to tie with a bow thread the first bead on. I used glass pearls to add an elegant look to this charming bracelet!

String on a pearl to your thread and weave it through the ribbon to add the bit of a poof next to each pearl! Secure it with a bow around your wrist, and VA-LA! You've got your beautiful hand made Pearl and Ribbon bracelet!

Simply tie with a bow
Now this Pearl and Ribbon bracelet is absolutely perfect for a gift from Bride to Bridesmaids, or friends that have helped with your big day! This is also the perfect project for young children who are learning how to sew or other such crafts! When I made mine my friend's young child was working on one with me, and she thoroughly enjoyed making her bracelet, wearing and showing it off! Her's came out exactly as mine came out too! I was very impressed As to how easy it was for her to catch on!

So there we go! The perfect handmade gift that takes about 15 minutes or less! And if you're like me, I prefer making gifts rather than buying... purely because they're so much more personal. (Oh and if you're worrying about the ribbon fraying just dab a little clear nail polish on the ends, and it'll look brand new even after much loving!)




1 comment: