Friday, October 19, 2012

Leah's Pinterest Project - Decorated Mugs


Hi everyone, Leah here and this is my first post so I hope it goes well. :-) I was searching Pinterest for my next delicious recipe, clothing that I might "need", or perhaps a new project to learn. And I couldn't believe what I found, there's these mugs... and literally all you need is a stoneware mug, sharpies, and a working oven. You decorate your plain stoneware mugs with the sharpies and put them in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. When done you have dishwasher safe, designer mugs! Brilliant right? Well I thought it had to be too good to be true so I gave it a try myself! 


So I got two plain mugs at Walmart for $1.47 each and grabbed some Sharpies that I already had at home and sat at the dinning room table for what felt like hours trying to think of WHAT to draw or wright on the mugs...

Finally coming up with two cute designs of "With enough coffee I could rule The World!" and "Tea Please" along side drawn the tea tab thing... But you don't have to use my phrases, you can use any you want such as "Decaff? That's not REAL coffee!" or "Bride to be"... anything be creative! 
 So I placed them in the oven half expecting for the pin that I found to not really work, and for them to shatter, or the sharpie to melt off... I know I know... I was a little skeptical. Anyways they came out perfectly and are 100% dishwasher safe! It was a lot of fun drawing these up and it really was a blast! 

It'll be great for a personalized gift that you want to give to a special someone, but maybe don't have the time to knit them a sweater, or the cash for all those supplies! 

Give this project a try, I guarantee you won't be disappointed in the results!






No comments:

Post a Comment