Monday, January 14, 2013

Double Crochet

So how did the scarves go? If you had to work through some bumps along the road that's okay, it takes time to get it down... I hope you all are as excited as I am about making the afghan! I'm still not certain how many different patterns we'll do. But today we're going to do a double crochet. Now this pattern is a lot like the scarf, but I promise next week we'll have all the abilities we need to make some truly beautiful patterns!



I'm going to apologize ahead of time for the lack of photos. I wasn't able to get any help this week with taking them... So I hope my description is enough to suffice!

Gauge for all the squares are 5 inches by 5 inches.

Chain 20

Row one: double crochet in 4th chain from hook. (You double crochet by putting the yarn over the hook, and then inserting the hook through the 4th chain. Yarn over and pull through one loop, yarn over and pull through two loops, yarn over and pull through the final two loops.) having a total of 18 dc (dc is short for double crochet).

Row two: chain 3 (counts as double crochet now and throughout). dc in each dc across. 18 dc

Rows three - eight: repeat row two. fasten off and tuck in the ends.

Now remember to make two of these squares, and to check your gauge! I used a beige and a siege green.

How is it going? Just take your time, sit back and relax.

Supplies for next week:
Just hold on to your yarn and H hook!

No comments:

Post a Comment